There are two types of player Icons; Green and Orange.
- When looking at another player in Sword Art Online, you can see there health bar, there curser, and if they're in a guild, it will show the guild icon. Name and level are hidden.
- When looking around or at another person, there is a slight whispy noise: high pitch, then low pitch, high, then low, etc etc.
- All players start with a green player icon above their names.
- “Green” players are considered the law abiding, good players.
- Only players that have committed a crime (Attacking other players, stealing, etc.) will have an orange player icon.
- In most cases, a player will temporarily be turned “Orange” for a duration of 3 days.
- On the fourth offense, you must complete a quest in order to return to “Green”.
- On the fifth offense or the successful murder of another player, he/she is granted a permanent “Orange” icon.
- Certain skills and items can temporarily hide or change the player icon.